At Borrego Energy, LLC (together with its affiliates, the “Company”), we respect and value your right to privacy and take steps to ensure that the information you provide to us through our website is kept secure.
The Company may have separate privacy policies to address other privacy situations, including employment privacy policies.
If you need to review this policy in an alternative format, please contact the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-898-6273.
1. What information do we collect through our website.
We may collect information from you when you visit our website, fill out a form to download content, subscribe to our newsletter, request a quote, contact us via our website, or request service via our website.
When you request information or fill out a form on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to disclose information about yourself, such as the following: Your name, e-mail address, mailing address, name of company, phone number, other property addresses, physical property details, property utility details, or other details voluntarily provided by you in connection with requesting a quote. From your device’s IP address, our third party data analytics services may collect on our behalf publicly available information about your company, as well as the city and state of your device’s location. You may, however, visit our site anonymously without disclosing Personal Information. We do not collect other personal identifiers from consumer or business users such as social security numbers, account numbers, drivers’ license numbers, passport numbers, or other similar identifiers.
For recruiting, we may collect the following information from job applicants: Applicant’s name, e-mail address, mailing address, residence address, social security number, background information, availability for work, immigration status, prior work experience, prior employers, prior job titles, dates of employment, duties, reason for leaving, job performance, education, schools attended, degrees obtained, honors received, dates attended, skills and qualifications, resume, application, references, test scoring, and other recruiting information.
The only type of Personal Information that the Company has collected in the preceding 12 months is that described above. We have not sold, shared or purchased any Personal Information in the preceding 12 months.
We may collect and process, or utilize trusted third parties that collect on our behalf, other information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity.
2. What do we use your information for?
Any of the Personal Information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve customer service (Your information helps us more effectively respond to your requests for information or a quote, customer service requests, and support needs)
- For recruiting (Information from job applicants allows to electronically accept and vet job applications)
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your request and our services in general.
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list or subscribe to our newsletter, you will receive emails that may include Company news, updates, related products or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include a link to unsubscribe with instructions at the bottom of each email.
3. How do we protect your personal information?
While no data security system can fully protect Personal Information from unauthorized data breaches, we have implemented a variety of reasonable security measures, safeguards, and controls to maintain the safety of your Personal Information.
We use a secure server. All supplied Personal Information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database to only be accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems who are required to keep the Personal Information confidential.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the website’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
However, you can still request information or a quote over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
5. Do we disclose any personal information to outside parties?
6. How long do we retain personal information?
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
7. Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include third party links on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
8. Changes to Personal Information
If you wish to change or delete any of the Personal Information that you provided to us, you may do so by contacting us in one of three ways:
- by email at email@example.com;
- by mail via Borrego Energy, LLC, 1814 Franklin Street, Suite 700, Oakland, California 94612; or
- by phone at 888-898-6273.
9. Targeted Advertising
We may use services that track our customers to provide targeted advertising, which allows us or third parties to tailor what advertising you see. Your web browser allows you to set the Do Not Track (“DNT”) signal on your browser so that we or third parties (particularly advertisers) know that you do not want to be tracked.
10. Use of our Services by Minors
We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years of age or older.
11. Financial Incentives
We do not offer any financial incentive or price or service difference related to the collection, retention, or sale of Personal Information.
12. California Consumer Privacy Rights
To the extent that the Company may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, California consumers have the following privacy rights based upon our collection of Personal Information:
- Request to Know. You may request that a business that collects consumers’ personal information disclose to you the categories of Personal Information that it collects and the purposes for collecting it. We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use Personal Information collected for additional purposes without notice.
- We will respond to such a request only upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request and within 45 days of receipt of the request.
- Upon such a request, we will respond electronically free of charge. You can make such a request no more than twice in a 12-month period.
- We are not required to retain Personal Information collected for a single, one-time transaction, if such information is not sold or retained.
- Request to Delete. You may request that your Personal Information be deleted or modified.
Any Request to Know or Request to Delete should be sent to the Company in one of three ways: (1) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; (2) by mail via Borrego Energy, LLC, 1814 Franklin Street, Suite 700, Oakland, California 94612; or (3) by phone at 888-898-6273.
13. Your Consent
15. Contacting Us
You or your authorized agent may contact us with questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices, to verify what Personal Information we have collected from you, or to request to modify or delete your Personal Information. If you or an authorized agent request that we delete your Personal Information, we may separately ask you to confirm this request.
Borrego Energy, LLC
1814 Franklin Street, Suite 700
Oakland, California 94612